With Covid-19 forcing people to socially distance themselves from others around the world, the aim of this article is to help people find other trails that are less crowded, yet are often equally if not more beautiful than the very popular trails.
Rather than cancel your plans this year, you may find it more feasible to stick by the rules if you hike a less crowded trail.
With that in mind, below you will see a list of trails I have compiled, based on Hiiker App data that are much less popular but equally spectacular as the likes of the Pacific Crest Trail, Appalachian Trail, or Tour du Mont Blanc.
1. Grand Enhancement Trail – Arizona
Trail Map – Distance 750 Miles
2. Mountains-to-Sea Trail – North Carolina
Trail Map – Distance 1176 Miles
3. Zion Traverse – Utah
Trail Map – Distance 47 Miles
4. North Country Trail – North/Northeast
Trail Map – Distance 4671 Miles
5. Lone Star Trail – Texas
Trail Map – Distance 94 Miles
6. Mark O Hatfield Trail – Oregon
Trail Map – Distance 52 Miles
7. Pacific Northwest Trail – Washington/Montana
Trail Map – Distance 1246 Miles
8. Ultra Pedestrian North Loop – Idaho/Washington
Trail Map – Distance 2658 Miles
9. Outer Mountain Loop – Big Bend National Park Texas
Trail Map – Distance 31 Miles
10. Pinhoti Trail – Alabama
Trail Map – Distance 325 Mile
Credit to Teresa for helping with the Pinhoti!