It’s always a good time to get outside, but, because of Covid-19, people are being encouraged to social distance themselves which can make it difficult to get out. But, we will recover from this, and we will still have a summer to explore the great trails the UK has to offer. With social isolation in mind, it has me thinking about the best unpopular trails in the UK.
This (at least at the time of writing) does not mean you are not allowed to go outside, you are. So some of these could make great day hikes if you live in the area.
The article is derived from a combination of Hiiker data and personal opinion about trails that I have hiked, or would like to hike based on watching videos from others and from chatting to other hikers.
1. Two Moors Way – Devon
Trail Map – Distance 108 Miles
2. Mendip Way – Somerset
Trail Map – Distance 48 Miles
3. Jurassic Way – Northamptonshire
Trail Map – Distance 89 Miles
4. Yorkshire Wolds Way – Yorkshire
Trail Map – Distance 78 Miles
5. Trans Pennine Trail – Coast to Coast
Trail Map – Distance 213 Miles
6. Beacons Way – Brecon Beacons National Park Wales
Trail Map – Distance 100 Miles
7. East Highland Way – Highlands, Scotland
Trail Map – Distance 81 Miles
8. Wessex Ridgeway – Marlbourgh, England
Trail Map – Distance 136 Miles
9. Chiltern Way – Hemel Hempstead, England
Trail Map – Distance 134 Miles
10. Ulster Way – Ulster, Northern Ireland
Trail Map – Distance 564 Miles